We saw what she had been creating with her Gelli Plates and decided that Demo would be a great way to demonstrate this idea!!
First, Diana started with a Gel Plate (or Gelli Plate): A Gel Plate feels a little bit like hardened-jello! It is soft enough to roll-out Acrylic Paint with a Brayer onto the surface. Traditionally, Gel Plates are used for Mono-printing (But you can be as creative as you'd like with this incredible tool!!)
- To start, Diana placed some pieces and strips of Deli Paper onto her Gel Plate
- Next, Diana rolled on a thin layer of Acrylic Paint using a Brayer
- Then, Diana used a variety of different ideas for creating patterns in the paint... like straws to make small circles, pieces of mesh to create texture, acrylic paint pens, or just a paint brush to make markings.
- THEN Diana removed the pieces of Deli Paper from the Gel Plate.
** LET DRY COMPLETELY **
Now the fun part... PACKING TAPE!!! (Yes, this stuff):
- Diana laid down 3" wide (or 4" wide) strips of Packing Tape DIRECTLY ON THE SURFACE of the Gel plate, and pressed down thoroughly making sure the Packing Tape is FULLY BONDED to the top of the Gel Plate. You can use a Bone Folder to firmly press the packing tape to the surface of the Gel Plate
- Pull the Packing Tape away from the Gel Plate. When you do this, the layer of paint will come with the tape.
Look at how vibrant one side is and more metallic on the other side.
She placed some of the pieces into resin and added in gems and star shaped glitter!!!
HOW FUN ARE THESE!!??
See you soon!!