When using Alcohol Inks, we recommend you use YUPO paper or Kromekote. These 2 kinds of papers have a finish on the surface that is ideal for doing Alcohol Ink concepts without any bleed-through to the other side.
Using just Alcohol Blending Solution on YUPO or Kromekote paper and a few drops of your favorite Alcohol Ink colors you too can create these vibrant works of art!!
This next idea is done using one of the Joggles Stencils..
- Take the Tim Holtz Felt Applicator Tool and apply a little bit of Alcohol Blending Solution onto the bit of Felt.
- Then, apply a little bit of Alcohol Ink (Wendy used 2 different colors, a pink and a purple) onto the piece of Felt
- Lay the stencil down on your piece of Kromekote or YUPO paper
- Gently tap the Applicator Tool over the stencil image
- Lift the stencil to reveal the image!
- Wendy used the Black Glaze Pen to finish it off
This next technique uses the Gel Plate!
*THIS IS IMPORTANT*
Never put Alcohol Ink directly onto your Gel Plate.. ALWAYS USE a barrier such as Hand Sanitizer on your Gel Plate before applying Alcohol Inks
- Squirt out some Hand Sanitizer onto your Gel Plate, spread it around so it evenly coats the entire surface.
- Apply some drops of Alcohol Ink and move it around using a wooden skewer or a piece of acetate to manipulate the colors
- LEAVE THE GEL PLATE on the table and bring your paper (YUPO or Kromekote) to the Gel Plate and use a Brayer on the backside of the paper so that it fully picks up the color
- Lift your paper to reveal what you created! (This process is called doing a "Mono-print")
To make this next card, Wendy used the Krylon Gold Leafing Pen
- Shake your Gold Leafing Pen thoroughly and then tap out some color onto a piece of Kromekote or YUPO paper... your pen SHOULD blot out quite a bit of ink... but we WANT that for this technique!
- Pour some Alcohol Blending Solution over the surface
- Drop on 2 colors of Alcohol Ink (Wendy used a shade of green and a shade of blue)
- Watch as the colors flow together to reveal this stunning color combination!
There is SO MUCH you can do with Alcohol Inks!!
Demo is offered EVERY Wednesday from 12pm to 1pm and is FREE to attend!!
Call us if you have any questions!