Check out the 3 cards and FALL IN LOVE because they are just fantastic!!
- Start out by selecting a metallic paper to cut out your Moose die-cut and frame from. Wendy chose this marbled card stock that has a gold/champagne color to it.
- Use the Hero Arts Rounded Rectangle die-cut set to cut out a rounded rectangle out of the marbled card stock paper. Use the inside piece of the cut-out to then cut out your Moose
- Use The Ultimate Glue to adhere a piece of Acetate to the back side of the rounded rectangle cut-out
- Stamp the Pines and Rocks image using the Versafine Clair ink, Rain Forest
- Use Mounting Tape to adhere the Rounded Rectangle to the paper that has the Pines and Rocks image stamped on it.... This will create dimension for a shaker card *PLACE SEQUINS INSIDE THE SHAKER CARD* before you adhere it completely!!!
- Layer the card with solid green card stock and paper with pinecones on it for the patterned paper.
- Mount the design onto the front of your card base, which is white card stock
And the best part is... it's a SHAKER CARD!!! (Which is just so fun... whether you are making a card for kids or adults)
This design is great for cards for men or a card for the Hunter in your life... and the patterned paper is PERFECT for the Pacific Northwest
- Stamp and heat emboss the Snow Bird image with Versamark ink and Moonstone Embossing Powder
- Color the image using Prismacolor colored pencils... Wendy chose 3 tones of light brown to add some tone-on-tone color to the Snow Bird
- Layer the image with the light brown marbled paper and mount the image onto the embossed handmade paper and adhere it using The Ultimate Glue
- Adhere the design onto the front of your card base. Wendy chose an ivory colored card stock as the card base
- As a final touch, use Nuvo Crystal Drops, Ivory Seashell, to add some berries onto the Snow Bird branch.. the color and texture mimics the embossed handmade paper perfectly!!!
- Use the Hero Arts Infinity Circles die-cut set to cut out 2 sizes of circles. Use a dark brown card stock for the larger circle and a decorative paper for the smaller circle (for this card, Wendy chose this whimsical tree paper from Photoplay and it is SO CUTE)
- Stamp your Christmas Tree with Versafine Clair ink, Rain Forest
- Color your Christmas Tree with light green and yellow Tombow Markers. Then use the Christmas Tree die-cut to cut out your tree
- On your green card stock base, adhere a small strip of dark green card stock in the middle to add color contrast
- Use double sided tape to adhere the layered circles on the right side of your card
- Die-cut the Whittle Moose out of brown suede paper and use Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the Moose to the middle of the layered circles
- On the left side of the card, use pop-dots to adhere the stamped Christmas Tree image.
- At the top of the card, stamp the Christmas sentiment in Versafine Clair ink, Rain Forest
- Finish off the card by tying a bit of red polka-dot ribbon along the left side of the card and tie a little knot to hold it in place
I love the colors, the movement, and how the tree paper matches the tree stamp perfectly!!
To sign up for the next card making class, give us a call here at the store!!
The next card making class will be offered on Tuesday, December 4th
*Please sign up by the Saturday before class*