- First, on a piece of Kromkote paper (3 1/8" x 3 1/8"), pour out a little bit of Alcohol Blending Solution onto the surface of the paper. Apply a few drops of each color of Alcohol ink onto the surface of the paper and watch the inks flow together to create stunning colors!
- Using a piece of black (4" x 4") and white cardstock (3 1/2" x 3 1/2"), layer the card to make the image *pop* !
The techniques used on this card are the Shaving Cream Marbling technique and the Heat Embossing technique.
Shaving Cream Marbling:
- On a craft mat, squirt out some shaving cream.
- Using spray inks (in class they used 2 Dylusions colors) apply a little spray of each color onto the shaving cream.
- Use a skewer to make movements and swirls in the shaving cream.
- Take your Solar White cardstock and press it down into the shaving cream.
- Lift your paper and wipe off (you can use an old credit card, a small piece of acetate or chipboard to wipe of the surface of the paper) to reveal the stunning marbling you created!!
- Die-cut a heart shape from a piece of chipboard (this heart came from the store's die-cut machine)
- Apply Versamark ink to the surface of the heart, apply Detail Gold Embossing Powder, and heat-set. *Repeat this step 3 times*
- As you heat-set the heart for the last time, just as it starts to cool, press the Impression Obsession stamp, Wallflowers, into the melted powder.
- Finish off the heart by applying double-stick tape to the backside and wrap about 6" of gold twine around the heart (the tape will hold the twine into place).
Making the card:
- Layer the gold piece of paper (3 5/8" x 4 1/4") and marbled paper (3 3/8" x 4") and tape them into place on the front of the card using double-sided tape.
- Line up one of the scalloped rectangle die-cuts (Mixed Rectangles from Tonic) and cut out a rectangle in the front of the card... cutting through all 3 layers at the same time.
- Take the 3 pieces that popped out when you cut out the rectangle and tape them on the inside of the card.
- Tape down the heart on the inside of the card, making sure you can easily see it through the window in the front of the card.
- Stamp the Impression Obsession image, Wallflowers, onto the Kromekote paper (3 5/8" x 4") using Versamark ink and White Embossing Powder. Heat-set it.
- Using a craft mat, apply a little bit of 3 colors of Colorburst onto the mat and spritz some water on them to blend the colors together.
- Pick up the colors by putting the embossed Kromekote paper image-side-down into the Colorburst colors and swirling the paper around on the craft mat until the embossed white image is fully revealed!
- Take a *tiny bit* of Bleedproof White ink on the top of a paintbrush and "tap" the tip of the paintbrush while holding it over the purple cardstock card base. This creates a very light splatter effect.
- Add a bit of Orange Handmade Paper (2" x 5 1/2") and a strip of white satin ribbon (5 1/2") on the front if the card.
- Finish off the card by taping down the piece of Kromekote paper on the front of the card so it picks up the colors of the Colorburst!