(And let's admit it... who doesn't love receiving a Valentine?!!?)
Check out how wonderful the cards are!!
- Start with a pink piece of card stock as your card base
- Take a piece of red card stock and a piece of Gold Stardream paper. Use your Home Die-cut Machine to cut out 2 sizes of the Heart Balloons at the same time.
- ON THE INSIDE OF THE CARD, adhere the BACKGROUND of the the balloon cut-outs.. Take the Gold Stardream paper (with the Heart Balloon cut out of it) and adhere it with double-sided tape. THEN place the red card stock that is ALSO balloon shaped (with the little balloon shape cut-out of the middle) and adhere that in the middle of the balloon cut-out in the middle of the card. The red card stock Heart Balloon should fit PERFECTLY in the Gold Stardream cut-out Heart Balloon. You will have a piece of pink card stock peeking through that looks like a little pink heart balloon!
- Stamp your sentiment, "Wishing you tons of love xoxo" in the middle of the pink heart balloon shape using Versafine Clair ink, Charming Pink and use Detail Gold Embossing Powder and heat-set it.
- Next, ON THE FRONT OF THE CARD, lay down a piece of Lavendar Stardream paper and adhere it with double sided tape.
- Now take a piece of Shizen Handmade Cotten Paper and cut out the die-cut, Hearts Galore (SAVE THE CUT-OUTS!! You can use those in a future card!). Now take the paper that has the little hearts cut out of it and adhere it onto the front of the card base, on top of the Lavendar Stardream paper
- Take your 2 Heart Balloons and layer them on the front. Use the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the large Heart Balloon first. Then, use a pop-dot to pop-up the little Heart Balloon in the middle of the big Heart Balloon.
- Tie a little bit of purple twine on the end of the little Heart Balloon and wrap the twine around the card and use a little bit of Deluxe Adhesive to hold the twine in place.
- Next, stamp the Elephant image with Versafine Clair ink, Monarch. Fussy-cut the Elephant image and use a pop-dot to adhere him to the front of the card. Tie the other side of the twine around the trunk of the little elephant so it looks like the Heart Balloons are helping him soar!!
- Start with a piece of coral-colored card stock as your card base. Cut a piece of floral-themed paper and mount it onto the front of the card base using double-sided tape.
- Use a piece of red card stock to cut out one of the Heart Balloons. Use the REVERSE heart-cut out piece and overlay a piece of Acetate on the back (so you have a heart window with Acetate covering it). Adhere the Acetate in place with double-sided tape.
- Next, use Mounting Tape (on the Acetate side of the heart window) to wrap around the outside of the heart shape. Then tuck in the "confetti" heart cut-outs from the Hearts Galore die-cut, and adhere it to the front of the card base on top of the floral paper.
- Take a small piece of Gold Stardream paper and cut out a smaller Heart Balloon and cut the "balloon tip" part of it so it looks like a normal heart. Use double-sided tape to adhere it in place.. Wendy was clever in designing this card.. she placed the gold heart so it COVERS the "balloon tip" of the heart window we created earlier
- To finish off the card, Wendy used an *even smaller* piece of floral paper and cut a final small Heart Balloon and ALSO cut off the "balloon tip" part. She then mounted the heart onto the gold heart using a pop-dot.
- Wendy started out with an ivory-colored card stock and layered a piece of Gold-Leaf Stardream card stock onto the front of the card.
- Then, Wendy used her Home Die-cut Machine to die-cut a Stitched Oval for the front of her card, she cut this out of the same ivory-colored card stock as her card base.
- On the Stitched Oval, stamp the wildflower and sprigs from the Nature Walk stamp set. Wendy stamped with 2 colors of ink: Versafine, Smokey Grey AND Versafine Clair, Morning Mist. The 2 shades of grey look SO GOOD together!! Wendy stamped the images several times so you get the shadow effects from the "ghost" stamping
- Then, Wendy stamped the sentiment on the same color of ivory card stock with the Versafine Smokey Grey ink. She tore the paper around the sentiment to give it a "distressed" look. Then she used the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the sentiment to a piece of dark brown card stock. She then tore around that card stock too so that she got a layered/shadow effect
- Wendy mounted the sentiment to the front of the card by using a couple pop-dots
Tuesday, February 5th
$10 class fee
*3 class times available*
PLEASE SIGN UP AHEAD OF TIME!!