This week Wendy showed everyone about Ranger Products.. for those of you who aren't sure what those products might be.. here's a quick list:
- Alcohol Inks
- Tim Holtz Distress products
- Blending/Stamping Tools
Wendy showed off this new paper (Dura Lar ... we are IN LOVE!) and the Alcohol inks on top... wow what an effect!!!
Wendy said she used 91% Isopropyl Alcohol... here's the technique:
- 1 Tablespoon of Isopropyl Alcohol in a little cup (like a disposable plastic cup) with about 3 drops of Alcohol Inks.. this deludes the ink. Pour and float it on the surface of the Dura Lar and manipulate the paper to cover the surface.
- Then apply the same mixture of Alcohol Ink/Isopropyl Alcohol as above using a Pipette to drop the ink on the surface... and the effect is AMAZING!!! Just drop a few droplets at a time!!
- After everything had dried, she went back with straight Alcohol Inks and dropped them on the surface.. this gives the light and dark tones of the drops
- Wendy went back in with a Black Glaze Pen to add in shadows around the drops
If you haven't seen it yet, YOU SHOULD STOP BY! This paper is translucent but the Alcohol Inks bring the paper to the next level!!
Then, Wendy played around with the Distress Sprays and some Tree Stamps from Stampscapes.. This Aurora Borealis effect is SO BEAUTIFUL!
There are a lot of things you can create with Ranger Products.. if you are feeling stumped, stop by to see us!!
We have free Demonstrations on Wednesdays from Noon to 1pm.
Stop by any day of the week to see what we've been working on!
See you soon!