Check out some of these fun ideas!!
You can use papers that are already printed with a woodgrain appearance and these are the ones we currently have in stock!
If you have a home die-cut machine, you can use this wonderful Woodgrain Embossing Folder from Taylored Expressions.
- Emboss a small, flat paper bag using the Woodgrain Embossing Folder, making sure that the ragged lip of the paper bag is also embossed. (So you can tuck a note into it!!)
- Run a Distress Ink, Walnut Stain ink pad across the textured side of the paper bag and cut your paper bag so it is only one-layer thick.
- Cut a piece of card stock to fit on the front of a card base. Wrap the embossed paper bag around the front of the piece of card stock and glue in place with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. Mount this piece onto the front of your card base.
- Stamp a sentiment onto a piece of brown card stock and tuck the little note into the lip of the paper bag!!
- Use Distress Oxide ink pad, Worn Lipstick and a Waterbrush to watercolor the flowers. Finish off the card by adding a small ribbon along the bottom of the card
IT LOOKS LIKE AN OLD FENCE!!!!!
When I do this, I cut my paper into strips, then I cut ONE strip with a point and used that as a template to cut my other wood planks.
I used the Faber Castell Fine-line black pen to add in the lines of woodgrain.
I love this ivory woodgrain paper!! The lines on the paper make it really easy to cut out the planks and make a fun fence!!
I stamped the Crow Trio stamp (from Impression Obsession) on the paper FIRST and then I lined up the planks to create a 3-Dimensional Fence
This woodgrain Flower Box stamp is from Impression Obsession. I stamped it with Versafine Clair ink, Nocturne
Then I tucked in all these fun flowers from this sweet Cottage Cutz Floral die-cut set and the botanicals from this Tim Holtz/Sizzix Greenery set
I decided to play with this idea.. I first used the Picket Fence Blending Brushes and brushed a light color of Distress Ink, Walnut Ink
THEN I went in with a few sizes of fine-line Faber Castell black pens to add in the "grain" and it is SO AMAZING!!!!
I LOVE THIS LOOK!!
The brush markers are great because you can do fine-lines AND thick lines. I love having the tones of dark and light lines.
Stop by the store to get inspired!!
See you soon!!