As Wendy was showing the new cards to us last week, I was IN LOVE with each one! I could not pick a favorite... and I have a feeling you might feel the same!! Check out how great these cards are!!
The first card that Wendy designed was made using 3 different stamps... Simply Stamped Moon by Taylored Expressions, and Pine Row and Tall Grass by Stampscapes.
- Use a piece of 12" x 5 1/2" piece of white card stock as your card base
- Score the piece of white card stock at 4" and 8" so you make a tri-fold card
- Attach a piece of Marbled Handmade Paper to the middle panel on the outside of your card base
- Fold the first tri-fold over *DO NOT ADHERE YET* and use a die-cut circle to cut a circle out of the front panel. It will cut through both layers of the card front and the handmade paper.
- Stamp "I love you to the Moon and Back" on the Vellum and emboss with Detail Gold Embossing Powder.
- Use double-sided tape to adhere the Vellum in between the 2 open circles you just created on the card base
- Take the white circle that you cut out and use Nuvo Blending Sponges to apply Rusty Hinge Distress Ink... this makes the moon look orange like a Harvest Moon
- Now for the Multi-Step Stamping: there are 3 moon Images in the Taylored Expressions set... A solid moon, a slightly solid moon, and an open image moon..
- Stamp the slightly solid moon in Versafine Clair Morning Mist and stamp the open image moon in Versafine Clair Nocturne.
- Tape the moon image in place so that in lines up with the Vellum moon on the front of the card
- Now stamp the Pine Row trees below the Harvest Moon
- Stamp the Tall Grass in Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink
- Finish off the card with a yard of black twine and wrap it around the front and tie it tight with a little bow
- Your card base is a half a piece of green paper
- Use the Mosaic Leaves stencil to make a design on the card on one side. Use Versafine Clair inks and Nuvo Blending Sponges to apply the ink. We used Versafine Clair ink colors Verdant, Purple Delight, and Monarch
- Score the card base at 2" and 6"
- Stamp out the flower images using Monarch Versafine Clair ink onto light purple card stock
- Stamp out the leaf images using Rain Forest Versafine Clair ink onto light green card stock
- Fussy-cut the flowers and leaves and pop them up on the smaller of the 2 gates of the gate-fold-card using mounting tape for the leaves and pop-dots for the flowers
- Use a piece of purple ribbon to wrap around the backside of the card to complete it!
And, this color palette is just stunning...
- Cut a piece of the Wet Media Film Dura-Lar to fit on the front of your card base.
- Use the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and stamp the Full Blooms image from with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Detail White Embossing Powder
- Then, press 2 colors of Distress Ink down on your Blue Silicone Craft mat so the ink is sitting on the mat (Wendy used Dried Marigold and Festive Berries)
- Next, spritz the ink with water to activate the colors
- Then, tap out some particles of Color Burst on top of the activated ink and spritz with water again. (Wendy used Violet, Merlot, Orange, and Lemon Yellow Color Burst)
- Press the piece of Wet Media Film Dura-Lar onto the Blue Silicone Craft mat so the backside of the media film is being colorized (NOT the same side as the heat embossed Full Blooms image). This will transfer the beautiful colors of the Distress Ink and Color Burst onto the Wet Media Film.
- Use 2 brads to attach the Wet Media Film onto a piece of white card stock and a piece of burgundy card stock
- Wrap about a yard of burgundy twine around the front of the card and tie it tight
- Attach the Full Blooms image (attached to the white and burgundy card stock) using double-sided tape down onto the card base, covering up the knot from the burgundy twine.
This effect is so much more beautiful.. stop by the store to see it in person!!
You need to sign up by the Saturday before class.. give us a call if you would like to join in the fun!!
Class is $10 and you learn step-by-step how to make each of the cards!! AND new techniques are taught each week!!