For those of us who love to make cards... this is a fun idea that can be given as a gift, part of a Halloween gift basket, or made into a sweet card!!
Check out this fun idea!!
- 3 sheets of Decorative Halloween paper. We used the Bewitched line from Echo Park
- 1 sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" metallic card stock
- Paper Cutter
- Score Board -for making creases for folding
- Glue and/or double-sided tape
- Die-cut machine -for cutting hole in front of shadow box (or another way to cut out a hole in the front)
- Cut the piece of metallic card stock in half lengthwise so your base piece measures 4 1/4" x 11"
- Score the paper at 1 1/4", 5 1/4", 6 1/2", and 10 1/2"
- Use a die-cut Hexagon (Studio Hexagon Layers from Open Studios) out of the front of your shadow box BEFORE you tape the box together.
- Use double-sided tape or glue to tape the box together using the little 1/2" tab on the far right side of the shadow box base
- Next, use the leftover metallic card stock to cut the shadow box layers
- Cut out a total of 3 layers... they will measure:
- 1/2" x 4 1/4"
- 1" x 4 1/4"
- 1 1/2" x 4 1/4"
- Then, score each of the layers 1/8" on each side and fold the tabs up so they will slide into the shadow box base
- Use PVA or Deluxe Adhesive to glue the layers in using the little 1/8" tabs
- Adhere the tallest layer first, then the other 2 layers. When you set up the Shadow box you should see the gradation of the layers (see photos below). There should be space between each layer to allow for you to attach decorations
Now the FUN PART!!!!!
You can make your Halloween Shadow Box as simple or complex as you'd like!!
- Fussy-cut Halloween images out of your decorative papers using scissors
- Use a piece of the starry night paper for the background (cut 4 1/4" by 4") and slide in the very back behind all the layers and attach using double-sided tape or glue
- Start with the taping down the house in the background followed by the cauldron in the front.. but honestly, you can decorate however you'd like!!!
- I cut out one of the little witches from the Echo Park Bewitched line and paired it with the saying "Welcome my Pretties" for the very front.
- There are lots of other things you can cut out of this paper line.. like the butterflies, the flowers, and the clouds.. just have fun with it!!
- I put a final sentiment "Trick or Treat" along the very bottom of the shadow box to finish it off.
See you soon!!!