We really enjoyed having the students join us this week... and the ideas were just FLYING!!!
Check out the cards Wendy created:
- Start by taking a piece of dark blue paper. Use the new Distress Oxide Ink Spray, Wilted Violet. USE A BOX for spraying your ink in so it doesn't get ink everywhere!! On your piece of dark blue paper, lay down the Honeycomb stencil and hold it in place with one hand. With your other hand, spritz 1 OR 2 sprays of Oxide Spray Ink over the stencil. YOU DON'T NEED A LOT of ink!! When you remove the stencil you will see the image has transferred in a very soft pattern
- Then, stamp the flower images (from the butterfly stamp set) onto the honeycomb stenciled image we just created. The flowers are stamped with the Versafine Clair Medieval Blue ink
- Then, take a little bit of Bleed Proof White ink (a SMALL AMOUNT like 1/8 t. amount) in a little dish and apply a spritz of water and use an old tooth brush to pick up some color. Point the bristles of the tooth brush towards the paper (the honeycomb-stenciled paper) and lightly spread the bristles. You should see some specks of white transfer to the sheet of paper in a light splatter effect.
- Next, stamp your Butterfly Images onto lavender card stock ALSO using Versafine Clair Medieval Blue ink. Use Tombow Markers to color your butterflies! *The Versafine Clair Ink does not bleed when you color with markers*
- Use the Butterfly die-cuts to line up the images and use Washi Tape to hold the die-cuts in place. Run the die-cuts through your home die-cut machine
- Now put your card together. The card base is a bright yellow card stock. On the front of the card, the honeycomb-stenciled paper we created will be on the left and a piece of decorative paper will be on the right side. Wendy used a narrow piece of purple ribbon to separate the 2 papers.
- Then, Wendy glued down the CENTERS of each butterfly and then curled, bent, and raised the wings of each butterfly to give the idea of the butterflies about to take off!
The card was inpsired from the Ocean Waves, Bold Prints image from Hero Arts as well as this die-cut message, Thanks also from Hero Arts
- Start out by taking a piece of Solar White card stock and apply a rainbow-ombre across the sheet of paper using the LARGE Picket Fence Blending Brushes (The ULTRA SOFT ONES!!). Wendy used some fun colors of Distress Inks to create the rainbow... Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Broken China, Wilted Violet, and Festive Berries
- Once you have laid down a nice rainbow ombre on your card stock, stamp the Ocean Waves image onto the rainbow background using Versafine Onyx ink
- Finally, cut out the sentiment in black card stock AND light weight Stardream Lagoon paper AT THE SAME TIME. Use the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the sentiment on the front of your card creating a shadow effect with the Stardream paper behind the sentiment
Other gals decided to leave out the background stamp and just create a fun focal point with the Distress Inks and Picket Fence Blending Brushes!! SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!
*We just started carrying this new company and we are SO IN LOVE with their designs!*
- Start out by stamping the image using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and your Tim Holtz Stamp Platform onto ivory card stock
- Use Distress Inks and the SMALL Picket Fence Blending Brushes to color your image. The brushes are small enough and pick up *just enough color* of ink from the Distress Ink Pads to make it look like a watercolor effect! Take your time picking up different colors and shades to create the look you are after
- Once you have colored your Heron image, fussy-cut around the image to bring out different parts of the image (like the trees along the top or the lily pads on the right side of the heron)
- Use a piece of Handmade Paper that has a marbled image on it. Cut a small piece for the top of your card.. this is meant to give movement to the card.
- Your card base is a piece of dark grey card stock. The layering piece is a piece of dark purple card stock. On this layer, at the top, adhere the small piece of marbled paper. After you adhere the marbled paper, adhere the Heron image to the purple card stock at the bottom. USE A POP DOT behind the heron and tress to give the card some dimension. Mount the purple piece of card stock to the front of your card base.
It will be offered on March 5th. Give us a call to sign up!! 360-647-9663