Check out these ideas!!
So this first idea is really clever... Wendy wanted to create a fun art piece. She started with the 140 lb. Cold Press Watercolor Paper
THEN Wendy went online and found a public domain image of a Raven and printed it off A FEW TIMES.
Wendy cut out the Raven first...
- I love this idea using the ORIGINAL SHAPES as her stencils so she new how to create the bird shape!
- When you cut out the RAVEN ONLY you end up with a basic stencil! (for a sturdier stencil, you can print your image onto card stock). Wendy TRACED THE RAVEN so she got the basic bird shape in the middle of her circle.
- Next, Wendy cut out a wing of the Raven, laid it down in the middle of her Raven tracing, and traced the wing
- Then, Wendy cut out the other wing shapes, laid them down, and traced them. She did the same with the beak.
- Wendy ended up with a line drawing of the bird shape... THEN she filled the shape with doodles!!!
- Wendy used one of her FAVORITE doodle pens, the Black Glaze Pen
Wendy taught the "glazing" technique from a past Tuesday with Wendy class and you can find the step-by-step up tutorial in this previous blog post: https://www.stampadoodle.com/stampadoodle-blog/tuesday-with-wendy-may-21st
I love how Wendy used these Tree Line die-cuts from Memory Box and CUT THEM IN HALF so that half of the tree lines are on the left gate fold and half of them are on the right gate fold.
She arranged the layers so that the trees on the RIGHT overlap the trees on the left.
You don't need to sign up for Demo, you can just stop by and learn something new!!!
See you soon!