Check out this Tutorial on how to make your VERY OWN Accordion Book!
For this book, I chose a BEAUTIFUL Black/Gold/White color palette and this paper line from Simple Stories, 2018 and this sheet from ColorPlay from their Hello New Year line
- 3 or 4 sheets of 12" x 12" patterned paper
- 2 sheets of 12" x 12" Chipboard (Kraft color)
- 4 sheets of black card stock (or other solid color)
- 3 to 4 sheets of other solid card stock to layer with (I chose a Stardream Gold Leaf and an Ivory card stock with a fleck in it)
- Gold Ink Pad
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool
- Paper cutter
- Score board
- Double-sided tape, mounting tape, and pop-dots
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- 1 yard of ribbon (I chose a black satin ribbon)
- Die-cuts, stamps, or other sentiments that you like
To make the Accordion Book:
Start by first taking the 2 pieces of Chipboard and cutting the pieces down to size using a paper cutter. You will need 6 pieces of chipboard that each measure 4 1/2" x 6 1/2"
Score each piece of the card stock at 1" so the pieces will each fold in half lengthwise
On the BACK page, adhere the piece of Black Satin Ribbon to the Kraft Chipboard piece using Double-Sided Tape. THEN lay down the last piece of black card stock and adhere it in place so the ribbon is secure.
Then, use decorative and patterned card stock to decorate the book!!!
The front of the book can be as basic or as exciting as you'd like!! REMEMBER that the front of the book will be the page that opens up LIKE A BOOK. You don't want your Accordion Book to be backwards!!
Stop by to get inspired to build your very own Accordion Book today!!
See you soon!