- Start out with 2 colors of Colorburst, Wendy chose a purple and a blue. Squirt out a FEW PARTICLES onto your silicone craft mat. Spritz the particles with water and then smoosh a small piece of white watercolor paper (If your watercolor paper has a torn/deckled edge, that's even better!!) onto the surface of the silicone craft mat. This will pick up the color from the mat onto your watercolor paper. Heat-set the colors with a heat-gun so the paper is COMPLETELY dry.
- Next, put on some gloves! Put some fresh bleach into a mini-mister. Place your Stencil on top of the paper you just decorated with Colorburst. Now spritz your Bleach Mini-Mister on top of the stencil/paper. When you do this, you will SLOWLY see the circles appear and they will be a slightly lighter color than the rest of the colorized paper. **The reason why this works: The pigment of the Colorburst actually DISAPPEARS when bleach is applied to it, removing the colorburst from the paper**
- Now, stamp the sentiment, "Thank you" with Versafine Clair, Nocturne ink onto white card stock. Rip the paper above and below the sentiment so it creates a rough edge. Then take a purple ink pad (Wendy used the Distress Ink Wilted Violet) and rub the ink pad along the ripped edge of the paper, giving the sentiment a nice, vibrant border above and below.
- Adhere your sentiment to the front of your colorized background using double-sided tape or Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. Mount this onto a piece of black paper and mount it all onto a piece of light blue card stock as your card base.
- Start out with a piece of the Maid 'O Metal Goldtone decorator foil. Cut foil in half so you can cut your die-cut leaf frond out of the gold decorator foil. Now take ALL 3 PIECES of the decorator foil and put them in your embossing folder and run it through your Home Die-cut Machine. This will texturize the goldtone foil as well as the foil leaf.
- Then, use a piece of handmade textured paper and a piece of gold/cream ribbon and layer the pieces to create a fun design on your ivory card base.
- Place the leaf-frond on the front of the card and use Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the leaf design to the front of the card.
- Start with a piece of white card stock. Use Prismacolor colored pencils to run some color HORIZONTALLY across the card. Wendy chose greens, yellows, and blues. Then, once you have put some color down, take some Gamsol (mineral spirits) onto a piece of paper towel and using your finger, rub the paper towel across the colored pencil HORIZONTALLY on the card stock. When you apply the Gamsol to the color, the colors blend together and become very vibrant!!
- Next, stamp your fish stamp (the Bluegill fish) a couple times on top of the Prismacolor Pencil background. **CREATE A MASK by stamping your fish out onto a piece of copy paper, fussy-cut the fish image out and place it ON TOP of the fish you just stamped. You will need to create 2 fish masks so you can cover up both of the fish you stamped out**
- Once you have laid your fish masks in place, stamp your Fish Skin stamp on TOP of the fish. What happens is the masks block-off the fish stamps you stamped out earlier. When you remove the masks, you are left with the Fish Skin stamp as the background and the fish images as the forefront.
- Apply a coat of Detail Clear embossing powder to your stamped images and heat-set it with a heat gun.
- Once you have heat-set your image, take a piece of fine mesh ribbon (Wendy chose a piece of light green mesh ribbon) and used double-sided tape on the FRONT of the card to hold the mesh in place. Wendy also put some tape on the backside of the image to make the ribbon wrap around and adhere to the back as well.
- Then take your Versamark ink pad (the clear ink pad for embossing) and press it across the entire front of the card, including across the mesh ribbon. Then cover the entire front of the card with a layer of Detail Clear embossing powder. Heat-set the image with a heat-gun.
- Finally, mount the image onto a piece of dark green card stock and then onto a light green card base.
Thank you to EVERYONE who attended the last class... we had a whopping 49 students attend!!!
If you have any questions about the cards or techniques, feel free to give us a call at the store 360-647-9663 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org