Check out her cards from class last week... the theme is.. YOU GUESSED IT!!.. Valentine's and Love cards!
- Wendy used a peach-colored card stock as her card base
- She picked a paper from the new paper collection, Garden Goddess (by Graphic 45) as the background. It is a BEAUTIFUL floral paper in peach and pink tones.
- Using the Hero Arts Nesting Rounded Rectangles, cut out a rounded rectangle from solid paper (Wendy chose a vibrant coral color)
- Then, die-cut the Framed Script Love from the same kind of floral paper as the background
- Use the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the Framed Script Love to a piece of bright green card stock and then fussy-cut around the Framed Script Love so the bright green card stock only shows up behind the word "love"
- Mount the Framed Script Love onto the Rounded Rectangle die-cut using double-sided tape
- Mount the rounded rectangle onto the floral paper using Mounting Tape (for a little dimension). Tape the entire design onto your card base using double-sided tape.
- Finish off the card by tying a bit of dark green sheer ribbon on the front of the card on the far left side and using Diamond Stickles to outline the Framed Script Love so it looks glittery
- Start with a light pink card stock as your card base
- Use your home die-cut machine to emboss a small piece of white card stock... Apply Versafine Onyx Black Ink to the INSIDE of the tiny dots embossing folder and then place your piece of white card stock inside the embossing folder and run it through your home die-cut machine. The ink will transfer as well as the tiny dots impression on your paper.
- Adhere the piece of embossed white card stock to a piece of black card stock using double-sided tape. Mount the entire design onto the front of the card base on the left side.
- Next, take a piece of pink wood grain patterned paper and cut it down to a square and fold the square in half. Wrap a piece of black polka-dot ribbon around the folded square so it will tie closed when the square is folded.
- Adhere the back side of the folded square down to the card base on the right side. It will slightly overlap the embossed white card stock.
- Now, stamp the Big Heart stamp onto white card stock 3 times using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. Fussy cut the images and fold each of the hearts in half. Adhere the first heart down on the inside of the folded square, on the left side, fold-side of the heart in the middle of the folded square.
- Then, adhere the next folded heart on the inside of the folded square on the right side. And adhere the last heart in the middle of the card between the 2 other hearts. All of the curves of the hearts should match up perfectly when you open the folded square, and should fold flat when you close the folded square.
- Close the folded square and tie it closed so the opening is a secret!!
This idea is even sweeter because you can include some fun pens or colored pencils for them to color the Big Heart image!!
- Use a piece of grey card stock as your card base
- Place a piece of decorative handmade paper on the front of the card base and adhere it with double-sided tape. Wendy chose a geometric paper that has black, gold, and white colors in it.
- Take a strip of Stardream paper, Ice Gold color, and stamp the Raining Hearts stamp across the paper. Emboss with Detail Gold embossing powder
- Then, take the same strip of paper and die-cut the word "Love" out of it using your home die-cut machine and the Caps Lock Love die-cut. Adhere the strip of paper with "Love" cut out onto a piece of Stardream Antique Gold paper. Then, adhere the entire design onto the front of the card (on top of the handmade paper) using double-sided tape.
- Use the L, O, V, and E from the above die-cut and use Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the letters inside the card.
It will be offered on January 22nd! 11am, 1:30pm, or 6:00pm.. the same class is offered 3 times during the day.
Give us a call to sign up ahead of time!! 360-647-9663