Wendy was first inspired by this new stamp set from Altenew, Lavender Bud
- Start by stamping your Lavender Bud FLOWER with 2 shades of purple ink onto a white card stock base. Wendy used Versafine Clair inks Monarch and Medieval Blue. Wendy stamped the Lavender Bud with Monarch, then stamped the "ghost" right next to it. Wendy then inked the SAME STAMP this time with Medieval Blue and stamped the "ghost" right next to it. I LOVE the look of this! It gives the impression that you are using 4 different colors of ink.. but it's just the 2 COLORS stamped twice.
- Then, Wendy used the Versafine Clair Ink, Green Oasis to stamp the stems of her flowers. Again, she stamped the stem and stamped the "ghost" next to it.. lining the stems up evenly with the Lavender Buds.
- Wendy used some floral paper along the bottom of her card base
- The sentiment, "thanks" is part of the Lavender Bud Stamp Set. Wendy stamped the "thanks" on a piece of aqua-colored card stock with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Wendy layered the aqua card stock with a piece of dark blue card stock and mounted that on the front of the card above the floral-patterned paper
Check out some of these other Flower Cards!!
- Start out by die-cutting the Happy Birthday die-cut out of navy card stock
- Next, on a piece of mottled blue paper, layer a piece of gold mesh ribbon, navy card stock, and antique gold card stock. Use the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the Happy Birthday onto the antique gold card stock
- Use a piece of antique gold card stock as your card base. On the front of the card, adhere a piece of balloon paper. Wendy chose a balloon-patterned paper that had blue and gold balloons on it.
- Next, die-cut the Balloons. You will need to use your home-die-cut-machine. On the cutting plate, lay down your scraps of paper you want your balloons to be cut out of. Lay down the balloon dies onto the pieces of scrap paper cutting DOWN towards the scraps. Place a layering plate on top and run it through the die-cut machine. You will get a variety of balloons in all sorts of fun patterns because you can cut them all at once.
- Use Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere twine onto the bottom of each balloon. Put a pop-dot behind each balloon to add dimension and adhere all the balloons at the TOP of the front of the card base. Pull all the twine-ends together and adhere them in place with some double-sided tape.
- Now adhere your Happy Birthday sentiment (that is mounted on the blue/mesh/gold) and use pop-dots to adhere it to the front of the card COVERING the grouping of twine at the bottom.
- Start out with a white card stock base. Stamp your Howling Wolf image with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink on the middle of the front of the card at the bottom. Then, stamp your Fir Trees image with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink on the LEFT of the wolf and then ink the stamp again and stamp the Fir Trees image on the RIGHT of the wolf. Use Detail Clear embossing powder across these images and then use a heat-gun to heat-set it.
- Then, cut out 3 sizes of circles using the Hero Arts Circle Infinity Dies
- Place a large circle (for the moon) on the paper and use a brush from the LARGE Picket Fence Blending Brush set to apply a light coat of Distress Inks, Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone, and Black Soot
- THEN REMOVE THE LARGE CIRCLE
- Take the paper you cut the large circle out of and overlay it on top of the card base lining up the cut-out with the Moon you just masked off.
- Now use the Large Picket Fence Blending Brush again to apply a soft coat of Distress Ink, Mustard Seed to the moon image. THEN (making sure to keep the mask in place) lay down a small circle at the bottom part of the moon and then apply a soft coat of Distress Ink, Spiced Marmalade. Then lay down a little bit bigger circle and apply a soft coat of Distress Ink, Spiced Marmalade AGAIN. Then lay down a little bit bigger circle and apply a soft coat of Distressed Ink, Candied Apple
- Pull away the mask (the paper with a hole in it) and look in Aww at HOW STUNNING THIS DESIGN IS!!!!
TO CREATE THE OMBRE MOON:
To sign up for the NEXT card making class, give us a call here at the store!!
It will offered on April 16th (you need to sign up by the SATURDAY BEFORE CLASS to reserve your spot!)