To make these miniature bits of art, you will need:
- A piece of Acetate
- A piece of tissue paper (similar in size to the acetate)
- Crystal Lacquer
- Alcohol inks
- Embellishments such as die-cut shapes, textured ribbon, sequins, and/or glitter!
*We suggest you use a Craft Mat to do this!*
- Take a piece of Acetate and pour out a little pool of Crystal Lacquer
- Use a wooden skewer to move the Crystal Lacquer across the entire piece of Acetate
- Use Alcohol Inks to apply drops of ink onto the Crystal Lacquer
- After you have applied all of the inks you would like, use the skewer again to swirl the colors together
- Lay down the embellishments of your choosing! In the sample below, you can see how she put down some textured ribbon, then some die-cut Tropical Fish from Impression Obsession, and some sequins from Hero Arts
- Crinkle-up your piece of tissue paper and then un-crinkle it. Lay it on top of the design you just created in the Crystal Lacquer
- *USE GLOVES* to press the tissue paper flat onto the Acetate
- Let it dry overnight
My FAVORITE part about this is that the design is TRANSLUCENT!!
In this one, if you look closely, you can see the Wandering Jellyfish in this Under the Sea card! Denise used the Coral Collage die-cut from Memory Box
Call us if you have questions!!