At the beginning, Tim Holtz walks through STEP-BY-STEP how to use the Alcohol Inks... at minute 26:00, he really starts to play with the new Lift Ink.. and he does such a great job explaining how to use this product.
Now that you know HOW the Lift Ink works... we can show you what we did at Demo this week!!!
Monique was the demonstrator this week and she showed us how to play with this new Alcohol Lift Ink.. and it is JUST SO FUN you may want to play with it too!!!
- First, create an Alcohol Ink background design on YUPO paper, Acetate, Vellum, or Matte Dura-Lar (you can use other surfaces too.. it just needs to me NON-POROUS.. such as a tile or glass or plastic.. )
- Use an image, ANY stamp image, and make sure it is VERY CLEAN (if needed, use Stamp Cleaner to clean your stamps).
- Then, ink up your stamp with the Alcohol Lift Ink, and stamp it onto an Alcohol Ink background
- Dab the area where you have just stamped with a CLEAN PAPER TOWEL so the Lift Ink does not spread to other parts of the image. Dab it until the majority of the ink has come up
- Use a CLEAN PAPER TOWEL to buff out the image and watch *magically* as the image appears as a "ghost" in your Alcohol Ink background!!!
WOW!!! What an incredible effect... how can you not fall in love?!?
Because of the slight translucency of the paper... the "ghost" image is just STUNNING
*The Reinker* is recommended if you use the stencils so that your Tim Holtz Blending Sponges can hold Alcohol Lift Ink and pick up colors WITHOUT STAINING the pad!!
The stencil effect is just SO BEAUTIFUL.. and it's a great way to use any stencils you may have laying around!!
When we put the card together, we used a small piece of the Stencil background (from above) and you can really see how the image pops!!