Each student received a packet to make their cards. Wendy pre-cuts all the paper down to size and, after a bit of instruction, students are free to work on their cards!!
Check out how fun they are!!
The 2 cards (pictured above on the left side) were made from the same stamp. It is a new one out from Stampendous called Decor Leaves. The stamp is 8" x 8" in size and is a cling-style stamp (which would fit nicely on the new Tim Holtz Platform that we *JUST* got back in stock!)
Ink up your leaf stamp using 4 colors of ink. Here, Wendy used Versafine Habanero FIRST and then went back over some of the leaves in Imperial Purple, Olympic Green, and Crimson Red.
Stamp the image on Solar White cardstock, use Clear Embossing Powder, then heat-set it using a heat gun
- She sprinkled down a *tiny bit* of Colorburst powder down on the craft mat (Yellow Ochre, Burnt Orange, and Terre Verte)
- Using a spritz bottle, she sprayed the craft mat with water activating the colors
- Then she placed the stamped paper LEAF SIDE DOWN and ran the paper across the craft mat
- Apply 4 colors of the Distress Oxide inks to the craft mat (Lucky Clover, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, and Wilted Violet)
- Spritz with water
- Place paper on craft mat LEAF SIDE DOWN and move the paper across the craft mat
The results are STUNNING!!
Wendy told the gals to start creating.. and boy was I impressed!!
Some of the ladies kept their paper white and layered with just the colors of paper and ribbon provided.. check out what Kathy did!! She even colorized a matching envelope!! LOVE IT!!!
After the 2 artsy cards, Wendy made a simple card using a new stamp from Impression Obsession, Snow Birds
Easy to do:
- When inking up her stamp, she just placed a tiny mask (in this case, just a tiny piece of paper) over the snowman in the background!
- Then, Wendy layered with some patterned floral paper, water colored the blue birds, and placed some small flowers around the edge.
She used the tiny flowers from the Hydrangea Set, also by Impression Obsession
It's surprising how each person's cards turned out so unique.. I love classes like this!!
We would LOVE for you to join us in our next class!!
The class is $10 and you receive a packet to make 3 cards
3 time slots available:
Give us a call or come in to sign up!!