Wendy has been busy designing cards! Check out what she made for Tuesday with Wendy card making class this week...
- Your card base will be a half sheet of white card stock paper (it should measure 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"). Score your card at 2 1/8" on either side of the card base so you create a Gate Fold Card
- Lay 2 pieces of Light Blue Stardream Paper in the Pretty Florals Embossing Folder and run it through your Home Die-Cut Machine. These pieces will go on the front of your Gate Fold Card... but don't tape them yet!!
- Wrap your white/silver ribbon around to the front of the card and hold it in place while you tape down the Light Blue Stardream papers you just embossed so they hold the piece of ribbon in place.
- Next, take a piece of white card stock (this piece will be on the inside of your card) and emboss this paper with the SAME embossing folder.
- Stamp your sentiment, Ready to Fly, on a piece of Vellum and emboss with Detail Silver Embossing Powder.
- Line up where you want the piece of Vellum to sit on the embossed piece of card stock. Once you've placed it where you like, take a 1/16" Punch and punch a hole on the top 2 corners of the Vellum AND punch through the white card stock at the same time.
- Place a Silver Brad into each of the 2 holes you just punched in the Vellum and push it through the embossed white card stock as well and splay-out the brad, securing the Vellum in place.
- NOW tape the embossed white card stock to the inside of your card base using double-sided tape
- Close your Gate Fold Card and tie it closed with your white/silver ribbon and finish it off by tying a bow
- Stamp the Cat and Feathered Friend image TWICE onto white card stock and color the cat images with Tombow Markers
- Wendy used Pop-dots to add dimension.. To do this, cut the head off of one of the cat images AND the little birdie, and "pop" them up on top of the second cat image with pop dots... lining up the cat heads and birds from the second image.
- Now, it's time to work on the Flower Pot! Pick 2 flower pot images that look the same from the Handmade Paper from Italy
- Use ONE of the images to cut out tiny little flowers and cut out a flower pot base
- Use Mounting Tape to "pop up" the flower pot image on top of the SECOND flower pot image.
- Use Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere some of the flowers to the SECOND flower pot image.. .Wendy glued down the centers but left some of the flower petals raised up to give the idea of dimension.
- Use Pop-Dots to layer the ENTIRE cat image next to the flower pot image.. Wendy placed the curled cat tail up against the flower pot so the images look cohesive.
- Wendy layered the card with rustic colored paper, plaid background paper, and a yellow card base
I love how Wendy used the same colors that were in the flower pot as she used to color the cat.. and it is adorable!!
To make the Card:
- Wendy used an ivory card stock as the card base and cut out a 3-square x 3-square piece of the geometric Handmade Paper
- Using a 3/4" circle punch, Wendy popped out circles and mixed and matched the shapes to create and interesting design
- Wendy used solid colors: grey, gold, and black to mix and match the designs.
- She used a bit of Polka Dot Ribbon at the bottom of the card to finish it off
The funky design of this card made it look SO COOL!!
Give us a call to sign up!!