Check out how fun these cards are...
To make the card:
- Take a single leaf (must be fresh-picked!) to use as your stamp
- Use 3 colors of the Versafine Clair inks: Verdant, Monarch, and Warm Breeze.
- Take ONE COLOR AT A TIME and use a Nuvo Blending Sponge to apply ink to the leaf
- Lay the leaf down INKED SIDE DOWN on the piece of white card stock and then lay down a piece of paper towel on top of the leaf and massage the leaf through the paper towel.. this will transfer the ink.
- Repeat the above steps for the next 2 colors of ink USING THE SAME LEAF
- After all the leaves have been stamped out, use Detail Clear Embossing Powder over the leaves and heat-set it
- THEN, press the Versamark Ink Pad across the ENTIRE card, covering all the leaves with the ink
- Apply Detail Clear Embossing Powder to the entire card, sprinkle on some glitter, and heat-set the image FROM THE UNDERSIDE of the card. *This keeps the glitter from blowing off of the card when you use the heat gun*
- Layer the image with a little bit of black paper and mount it on a purple card base
The next card that Wendy designed for class was this one using 2 different stamp sets from Avery Elle (Floating Wishes and Sea-prise!) and this new Scribbled Circles Stencil from Joggles
To make the card:
- Use 3 colors of Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, and Festive Berries), swipe them on a craft mat, and spritz with water to activate the colors
- Take the Scribbled Circles Stencil and lay it on the colors you just spritzed
- Gently lay down a small piece of Kromekote GLOSSY SIDE DOWN and press down from the backside so that the ink transfers onto the paper
- Let it dry or use a heat gun to speed up the drying process
- Next, stamp out the little fish stamp onto a piece of white card stock with Black Archival Ink and color the fish with Prismacolor pencils
- Attach a Googly Eye onto each of the fish using The Ultimate Glue
- Use a pop dot behind each of the fish to give them dimension.
- Stamp out Wish Big with Black Archival Ink and stamp it on the front. Go over the sentiment with a Black Glaze Pen
Isn't this card SO CUTE?!?!
- Stamp out the Armadillo on light grey card stock with Versafine Clair Ink: Charming Pink AND the Versafine Onyx Black
- Fussy-cut the Armadillos
- Create the background by laying down the Webby Stencil onto the card base. Use the Nuvo Blending Sponges with Versafine Clair Inks: Rain Forest and Chanti
- Die-cut the Cactus out of Handmade Green Marbled paper and put the double-sided tape down on the CARD BASE and stick the cactus to it. *the handmade paper is too soft to hold double-sided tape*
- Put a pop-dot behind the HEAD ONLY of each Armadillo and tape down the tail so they look like they are walking off the page!
WE LOVE THIS CARD!!!!!!!
Give us a call to sign up!