You can really tell Wendy is in the mood for creativity!!
The first card was created with a bit of Wendy Pizzazz!!! She was inspired by this new Washi Tape from Dylusions, these 2 colors of Dylusions Spray inks (Vibrant Turquoise and Funky Fuchsia), and this new stamp set from Seth Apter, Grunge Grids
- Start out with a half-sheet of a piece of white card stock. Stamp the Grunge Grids stamp with Versafine Clair Inks Warm Breeze, Nocturne, and Morning Mist over the outside of the card base (front of the card and the back side of the card)
- Next, use a piece of pop-tone 100# card stock to apply a FEW SPRITZ' of ink of each color of the Spray Ink.
- Now take a small piece of white card stock and apply 3 different widths of Washi Tape.. Wendy chose these funky ones!! **we used white card stock so you can clearly see the images on the Washi Tape since the Washi Tape is slightly transluscent**
- Now cut a piece of black/white patterned paper to add interest. Wendy liked to cut hers into little squares and strips
- Back the piece of paper with Spray Inks on it with a piece of black card stock and adhere it to the card base using double-sided tape
- Also back the piece of paper with Washi Tape on it with a piece of black card stock and adhere that down using double-sided tape
- Use Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to paste down the black/white patterned paper strips
- Stamp your Monster Stamp (with a circle for the tummy) on a piece of white card stock using Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- Fold your card base in half. Use your Home Die-cut Machine and a circle die-cut to cut out the stomach of the monster image AND the front of your card base.
- Next, cut a piece of chipboard ( 2" x 4") and cut out 2 holes that are slightly larger than the hole you just cut out of your card base. **You may need to use the die-cut machine here at the store to do this because most die-cut blades will not cut through chip board** . Once you have cut 2 holes in your piece of chipboard, cut the piece of chipboard in half. You should now have 2 small squares of chipboard with a hole in each one measuring about 1 1/2 inches.
- On the front of the card, where you cut out your hole, adhere a piece of Acetate using double-sided tape.
- Now place BOTH PIECES of chipboard down and adhere them to each other using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. The holes of the chipboard should line up nicely with the hole in the card base
- Now FILL YOUR SHAKER CARD!! Wendy used Blue Ombre Sequins from Hero Arts. Once you have filled it (NOT FULL) place a piece of Acetate on the front and adhere it with double-sided tape. This will hold your shaker bits.
- Then, adhere your Monster in place!! Remember to line up the holes so the shaker card makes sense!
- Wendy chose a piece of fun "cartoon" looking paper and cut out an oval using her Home Die-cut Machine and laid the cut-out on the front of her card base to finish off the front of the card.
- Next, stamp 2 little Monster images on the INSIDE of the card... and if you can.. arrange one so he is peeking through the stomach!!
- Now close your card and look in awe and have fun with such an ADORABLE card!!!
Wendy was inspired by the new Lawn Fawn Mushroom Border and the Gentle Bunny from Memory Box
- Start out by using a light green card base. Take a piece of floral-patterned paper and cut out an oval using your Home Die-cut Machine.
- Use the Lawn Fawn Mushroom Border to cut out some mushrooms and grass for the front of the card.. Wendy used a mottled, flesh colored card stock for the mushroom base and a bright red card stock for the mushroom tops.
- Arrange your mushrooms and grass in the oval cut-out for the front of the card. Use pop-dots to give dimension to your mushrooms.
- Lastly, cut out the Gentle Bunny from white card stock. Use the skinny brush from the Small Picket Fence Blending Brush Set and apply a tiny bit of ink from the Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick ink pad to colorize the ears, tail, and nose of the bunny. Use a pop-dot to adhere the bunny to the front of the card
Tuesday, March 19th
Give us a call to sign up!! You MUST sign up by the Saturday before class to reserve a spot!!