Wendy decided to use a variety of new products in her class this week.. and the cards are JUST WONDERFUL!!!
A couple of the cards this week were made with this new stamp set from an all new company, Dare 2 B Artsy. This stamp set is called Hoot, Hoot
These little owl stamps are WONDERFUL!!! We love the little detail and how they kind of look like Zentangle designs.. so cute.
- Stamp the 3 owls out on a piece of white card stock with Versafine Onyx Black ink and emboss with Detail Clear embossing powder
- The card base is folded in half, then the front of the card is folded back so you end up with a card with 3 panels. Put a piece of floral patterned paper on the third panel
- Use Faber Castell markers to color the owls in similar or matching colors to the patterned paper
- Mount the Owls onto the card base using pop dots or double-sided tape
- Stamp some of the sentiments from the Hoot, Hoot stamp set to finish the card!
We just love this card!! This is such a fun and cheerful card idea... love this adorable little owls!!
Sadly, the die-cut Wendy used (Moonlight Butterfly) is discontinued!! BUT, any bold butterfly image will work just fine for this technique
- Mount the piece of patterned paper on a piece of dark grey card stock, then a piece of Stardream Lagoon paper
- Use the backside of the patterned paper to add a strip of paper to the left side of the card
- Die-cut 3 butterflies out of the yellow-green card stock
- Use a Black LePen marker to create some fun designs on the butterflies and color them in with Tombow Markers making sure to use colors that correspond nicely with the background paper
- Glue the butterflies down using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive making sure to glue just the center of the butterflies to the card so you can lift their wings up
- Watch as the dimension of the butterflies brings the card to life!!
This card is just FANTASTIC!! The colors and geometric florals really set it off!!
Wendy used the Hoot, Hoot stamp set and the new Wacky Boxes stencil both from Dare 2 B Artsy
- Stamp out 2 owls and sentiments on a piece of copy paper, fussy cut them out, and place a Removable Glue Dot on the back of each item
- NOW stamp out your Owls and sentiments on a square piece of white card stock.
- Place the "mask" on top of each image that you stamped so they are covered completely
- Lay down the Wacky Boxes stencil and use the Nuvo Blending Sponges and 3 Distress Inks (Wilted Violet, Peeled Paint, and Faded Jeans) to create a fun array of colors
- Finish off the card by using the Black Glaze pen over the images and adding some final details with swirls and borders. Glue on the Googly Eyes using The Ultimate Glue
- Mount the card stock on a black card base and watch in awe as the vibrant card comes together.