Wendy has been starting to design some Fall and Winter cards for classes and it's been really fun to see everything she's been creating :-)
Check out last week's cards!
This card technique has just been SO FUN!!
To make this card:
- Cut your paper to 11 1/2" x 4". Score it at the 5 1/2" mark
- Stamp the image using the Tim Holtz Platform
- Cut out only the RIGHT HALF of the image using an Exacto Knife
- Lift up the left half of the card and as you fold it over to the right you will create the final fold automatically
- On the left side of the little girl, use a pair of scissors to cut out some of the extra white paper.
- Place a small piece of decorative paper (3" x 4") behind the image to finish off the front of the card. Use a second piece of decorative paper (3" x 4") for the inside of the card. Wendy used the Jen Hadfield line Heart and Home.
- Use Prismacolor pencils to color in the image!
- Lay down a piece of Crystal white Stardream paper (5 1/2" x 3 1/4") on your die-cut machine.
- Next, lay down the die-cut so that it is centered on the piece of white paper. THE WHITE PAPER IS A GUIDE ONLY!! DO NOT CUT IT!
- Lay down the dark blue snowflake paper (5 1/2" x 3 1/2") on top of the die-cut and run it through the machine. This will cut out the Snowflake Swell in the dark blue paper. This snowflake paper is by Reminisce
- Use the Joy stamp from Impression Obsession to stamp and emboss the sentiment. Wendy placed it at a slight angle on the right side.
- Then we used the Silver Sparkle stickers from Stampendous to add some *bling*
- This is a standard A2 size card (which means it's a half sheet of paper folded in half), the base is a Kraft brown color by Speckletone
- Using a Home Die-Cut machine, emboss the FRONT of the brown base paper AND a piece of Opal Stardream paper (3 5/8" x 3 7/8") with the Sizzix embossing folder, Simple Snowflakes
- Next, die-cut the Evergreen Reindeer out of the *Brand New* brown metallic paper (3 1/2" x 3 3/4")
- Layer the Opal paper behind the brown and finish with the burgundy tone paper (4" x 3 7/8")
Join us for the NEXT Tuesday with Wendy class!!
The next class date is October 24th, give us a call by October 21st to sign up!!