Many people have been asking if she would design some holiday cards.. and your wish has been granted!!!
Wendy used these products from our store:
Penny Black, Peace
Nuvo Mousse, Persian Red
Nuvo Mousse, Indian Gold
Nuvo Crystal Drops, Bright Gold
- First, use your home die-cut machine to emboss the paper with the Poinsettias embossing folder. Wendy embossed this image onto one of our newest cardstock papers
- Next, start with the Nuvo Indian Gold Mousse and use one finger to lightly buff-in some of the color. This will enhance the poinsettias and make them "pop" on the page
- Then, go back over again this time with the Nuvo Persian Red Mousse. You don't need very much, you are just buffing over the top to give it some color variation
- Use a fine-point paintbrush to pick up a *tiny* bit of the Nuvo Persian Red Mousse and watercolor JUST THE BERRIES on the poinsettia image
- Use the Bright Gold Nuvo Crystal Drops to add in the berries
- Finally, cut out the sentiment, Peace on Earth, and glue it to the front of the card
Tonic, Scalloped Circles
Stampendous, Snowman Season
Nuvo, Shimmer Pen
- Stamp the image onto white cardstock
- Use the Nuvo Shimmer Pen and Tombow Markers. Color some of the marker out onto the blue craft mat
- Pick up some of the marker color using the tip of the Shimmer Pen
- Color in the hats using the Shimmer Pen.. being sure to start where there might be shadow.
- As you use the Shimmer Pen the color will wear off! This means, start in the shadows where the color is the darkest and as you color more, the color will lighten up as you use the pen.. this creates that "ombre" look that you see below on the finished card.
- Use decorative paper and the Scalloped Circles to cut out the center
- Place your snowmen inside the circle on the front. We used pop-dots to raise the circle up so the snowmen actually sit inside the circle.
- On the inside of the card, place the cutout. This is a nice place to write a sentiment or place a family photo!
Hero Arts, Forest Scene Stencil
Nuvo, Mother of Pearl Mousse
Nuvo, Cornflower Blue Mousse
Nuvo, Dual Tipped Blender Brush
- Stick the stencil down on a craft mat using some washi-tape
- Slide in the piece of green cardstock
- Use the Nuvo Dual Tipped Blender Brush to buff in some color. Start with the Mother of Pearl color and then do the Cornflower Blue color next
- Be SURE to only use one side of the brush for each color!! You don't want blue mousse in the pearl!
- To finish off the card, mount the trees on light blue paper, add some ribbon, and you're done!
Join us for the NEXT Tuesday with Wendy class!
Spots are filling quickly.. give us a call to sign up!