Check out this week's grouping of cards!! Aren't they WONDERFUL?!!?
- On a piece of black card stock, lay the Spiderweb stencil in place and use Versamark ink (ink pad side down on the stencil) and apply the ink across the entire spiderweb image
- Lift away the stencil and apply Detail Black embossing powder across the entire piece of black card stock, coating the spiderweb image in embossing powder. Heat-set the image
- On a smaller piece of black card stock, stamp the Happy stamp with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Detail Black embossing powder. Layer a piece of silver paper behind this image too and mount that on top of the spiderweb image
- Next, die-cut one of the spiders from the Spider Trio (Wendy picked the biggest one!) out of Black Glitter card stock
- Pick out a fun-colored sequin to embellish the spider and use Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the sequin to the spider.
- Place a pop dot on the underside of the spider, then place a piece of small silver twine underneath the pop dot and THEN adhere the spider to the front of the spiderweb image.. you can have the spider crawling over the sentiment if you want!
- Then, tuck the silver twine behind the black card stock and use some double-sided tape to hold it in place.
- The card base is a piece of ivory card stock. Layer the spiderweb image with a piece of text weight silver paper and mount it on the card base using double-sided tape
Tim Holtz begins to explain about the new Lift Ink at minute 26:00
- USE GLOVES and GRUBBY CLOTHING when doing Alcohol Inks because they can be messy!!!
- Take a little bit of Alcohol Blending Solution and float it on a small piece of YUPO paper
- Use a few Alcohol Ink colors and apply just a drop or 2 of each color onto the YUPO.. watch as the vibrant colors flow and move across the paper.. WOW!!
- Use a heat-gun to heat-set the Alcohol Ink colors
- Then, once your alcohol ink image is COMPLETELY DRY, apply the Lift Ink onto the Windswept Leaves image.. (your stamp should be VERY CLEAN before you start because you don't want to transfer any old ink into your Lift Ink Pad)
- Stamp the Windswept Leaves image with Lift Ink directly onto the YUPO paper right on top of the Alcohol Ink background you created.
- THEN stamp directly onto a piece of white card stock.. and watch as the color of the Alcohol Ink background is now the color your Windswept Leaves are!!!
- NOW take a CLEAN piece of paper towel and DAB the ink off the Alcohol Ink background.
- Once you have dabbed off the Lift Ink, take a clean piece of paper towel and BUFF out the Windswept Leaves image.. and don't gasp too loud because the effect is REALLY AMAZING!!!
- You will now have 2 separate Windswept Leaves images.
- One of the images is layered with a bit of green card stock and some bright purple handmade paper and mounted onto a soft green card stock base
- The other Windswept Leaves image is layered with a bit of ivory card stock, dark brown card stock, and mounted onto a light brown card base. Wendy added a touch of textured ribbon on the side of the card to add some interest.
Aren't these cards STUNNING?! I just love how they compliment each other!!
Tuesday, October 23rd
Choose the time that works best for you!
11am -- 1:30pm -- 6pm
PLEASE SIGN UP BY THE SATURDAY BEFORE CLASS!!!