- Score your card so it folds in half nicely
- Open the card and stamp the image on the INSIDE of the card on the left side. Wendy stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and embossed the image with Detail Gold embossing powder.
- Using an Exacto Knife, begin to fussy-cut the image, making sure to only cut on the RIGHT SIDE OF THE IMAGE.
- Cut only half of the image out (the RIGHT side). Then, making sure you have only cut to the half-way point of the Floral Vase, and flip it forward.
- The vase is now on the FRONT of the card
- Stamp and fussy-cut a second Floral Vase. Using pop-dots, tape the Floral Vase down on top of the original vase.
- Using Tombow Markers, color in the Floral Vase as much as you'd like!
- Mount decorative, flower paper on the inside. We used the line Weekend Adventures by Bo Bunny. Wendy then mounted the flower paper onto Stardream Antique Gold paper.. which really brings out the gold on the flower stamp!!
- Start out by embossing a piece of background paper with the Tangled Webs embossing folder (Wendy used one of the papers we carry that has an old map printed on it). She used a Distress ink pad, Vintage Photo, and applied the ink directly onto the embossed spiderweb image. Make sure to lightly apply it!! This will make the spiderwebs POP on the page.
- Next, Wendy lightly stamped out the Pirate Cove image onto a piece of copy paper and then fussy-cut-out the circle part of the stamp ONLY
- Wendy took the piece of map paper (with the spiderwebs embossed on it) and flipped it over upside-down on the counter. She traced the circle (from the last step) onto the paper.
- Using an Exacto Knife, start in the center of the circle and cut slices into the CIRCLE PART ONLY.. kind of like a pizza... BE SURE not to cut around the outside circle!!
- Then, flip over the piece of paper. Using a skewer, or a small dowel, roll back the "Slices" you just made!! Roll them tightly so they remain curled!
- On a piece of Astroparche paper, stamp the Pirate Cove image out using Versafine, Sepia and emboss with Clear Bark embossing powder
- Overlay your piece of map paper and tape it down using double-sided tape. The Pirate Cove image should be peeking out from behind the sliced circle you created.
- To finish the card, use one of the banners from the Birds and Banners die-cut set. Wendy used the Distress, Vintage Photo ink pad and applied ink directly to the banner giving it an "aged" effect!
- Stamp out the image using Versafine, Sepia and emboss with Clear Bark embossing powder.
- Fussy-cut-out the truck
- Use 2 strips of Decorative Paper to frame-out the truck (Wendy used Hello Fall by Carta Bella)
- Die-cut the Give Thanks die-cut from Impression Obsession
- Color in the truck! Wendy likes to use Prismacolor colored pencils, but some gals wanted to use Tombow Markers... whatever you choose to color with is up to you!!
- Put the card together using double-sided tape
Next Tuesday with Wendy will be offered on Sept 26th!!
Give us a call to sign up!
The class is only $10 and you receive a packet to make 3 full cards!
Instruction takes about 20-30 mins and the remainder of the class is for working on the cards
There are 3 class times available: 11am, 1:30, and 6pm.
**Please sign up by the Saturday before class**