Because the cards from last class were SUCH A HIT, Wendy used another image for the fold-over style card..
Wendy used this stamp from Stampendous, Birdie Greeting..
- Take your card base and fold it half
- Open the card and stamp on the INSIDE of the card on the LEFT side
- Use an Exacto Knife to fussy-cut the image ON THE RIGHT SIDE ONLY
- Flip-forward the image so that it is now on the front of the card!
Seashell Nuvo Drops
Frosted Lace Stickles
Icicle Stickles and
Nuvo Shimmer Pen
Wendy paired the saying with this STUNNING Fall set from Pink Ink/Impression Obsession, Falling Leaves
- Wendy peeled off EVERY STAMP from this set and placed it on the new Tim Holtz Platform.
- She arranged some of the stamps to go on the front of the card. The rest of the stamps she arranged for the inside of the card
- She stamped the leaves using Versafine, Vintage Sepia.
- Next, Wendy stamped the sentiment with Distress Ink color Aged Mahogany
- She layered the sentiment with some burgundy paper by Flavors Gourmet and used a handmade paper as a nice background (as you can see in the pictures below, the papers she chose have some inclusions)
- To finish the card, she added a touch of green ribbon and some textured green handmade paper to make a TRUE Fall-themed card
Wendy used this Paper Layering Dove by Hero Arts and this Fall Blessings stamp by Impression Obsession.
Not only is this card just STUNNING.. but it also has this beautiful soft paper behind it.. which really sets off the bird in flight..
To make the background:
- Take a small amount of the product, Bleed Proof White and place it on a piece of plastic (we used a clear acrylic block)
- Dilute the ink with a bit of water and blend together using a toothbrush
- Over a piece of dark blue paper, brush the bristles of the brush with your finger, creating a light splatter-effect
- The results are beautiful!!
- Next, stamp your sentiment in in Versamark ink and emboss with White Embossing Powder
- Die-cut the dove out of a white metallic paper (we chose Ice Gold cardstock)
- Using a small pick or tool, lift some of the feathers up and give the dove dimension with some Mounting Tape
Give us a call by Saturday, October 7th to sign up!! The class is only $10 and you learn techniques, have fun, and make 3 full cards!